As a serial entrepreneur, I know the importance of tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) for both identifying areas of growth and pinpointing opportunities for improvement. And when it comes to trampoline parks, the KPIs are essential to ensure profitability and customer satisfaction in this rapidly growing industry.
- Entry fee revenue growth rate: The increase in revenue generated from entry fees year over year.
- Customer satisfaction score: The average rating given by customers on their experience at the trampoline park.
- Party package revenue growth rate: The percentage increase in revenue generated from party packages year over year.
Tracking these KPIs and more can help trampoline park owners make data-driven decisions and set realistic goals for success. Keep reading to learn about the top seven trampoline park KPI metrics and how to track and calculate them.
Entry fee revenue growth rate
In the entertainment industry, trampoline parks have become increasingly popular in recent years. To stay competitive and increase profitability, entrepreneurs must track their park's performance using KPIs. Entry fee revenue growth rate is a crucial KPI for trampoline parks as it measures the rate at which the revenue from entry fees is growing or declining over a particular period.
Entry fee revenue growth rate is a KPI that measures the percentage change in revenue generated from entry fees over a period compared to the previous period.
Entry fee revenue growth rate is essential as it shows whether a trampoline park is generating more revenue from entry fees than in the previous period. It can help management to detect changes in customer behavior, such as increased popularity, and improve decision-making strategies for optimization and revenue growth.
How To Calculate KPI
The formula for entry fee revenue growth rate is as follows:
Let's assume that the revenue from entry fees in the first quarter is $100,000, and in the second quarter, it is $130,000. The entry fee revenue growth rate for the second quarter is calculated as:
- Entry fee revenue growth rate helps to recognize changes in customer behavior, improving decision-making strategies for optimization and revenue growth.
- It's an excellent indicator for park management to monitor and evaluate park performance and revenue generation from entry fees.
- The formula is easy to calculate and interpret, making it user-friendly for park owners and managers.
- Entry fee revenue growth rate does not take into account revenue generated from other sources such as concessions, merchandise, and events.
- It's a short-term KPI, and park owners should also focus on long-term performance measures.
KPI Industry Benchmarks
According to industry benchmarks, the entry fee revenue growth rate for trampoline parks can vary significantly. Parks should aim for entry fee revenue growth rates above 5% annually to remain competitive and improve profitability.
Tips & Tricks:
- To increase entry fee revenue growth rate, trampoline park owners can consider offering frequent sales or discounts to encourage customers to visit the park more frequently.
- Parks should also focus on improving their customer experience, such as keeping the park clean, ensuring proper safety measures are in place, and creating fun environments that encourage customers to return.
- Owners should continuously monitor their entry fee policies to ensure that they are competitive in the market and transparent to their customers.
Trampoline Park Financial Model
Concession sales revenue growth rate
Definition: Concession sales revenue growth rate is a KPI that measures the percentage increase or decrease in revenue generated from food and beverage sales at a trampoline park over a specific period.
Use Case: The concession sales revenue growth rate is an essential KPI because it helps trampoline park owners understand the effectiveness of their food and beverage sales strategy. It is particularly crucial in determining whether changes in the menu or pricing strategy have been successful in increasing revenue.
How To Calculate KPI: The formula for concession sales revenue growth rate is as follows:
Calculation Example: If a trampoline park generated $20,000 in concession sales revenue last quarter and $25,000 in the current quarter, the calculation of concession sales revenue growth rate would be as follows:
KPI Advantages: The concession sales revenue growth rate is a useful KPI because it allows trampoline park owners to measure the effectiveness of their food and beverage sales strategy. It can help identify areas where improvements can be made to increase revenue and customer satisfaction.
KPI Disadvantages: The concession sales revenue growth rate does not take into account external factors that may influence sales, such as changes in the local economy or weather patterns. Additionally, it only measures revenue growth and does not provide insights into profitability or customer satisfaction.
KPI Industry Benchmarks: According to industry data, the average concession sales revenue growth rate for trampoline parks is around 5-10% annually. However, the rate can vary significantly depending on location, seasonality, and menu offerings.
- Conduct A/B testing to determine the most effective pricing, menu, and promotions to increase concession sales revenue
- Ensure that your food and beverage offerings are of high quality and meet customer expectations
- Monitor industry trends and adjust your strategy accordingly
Merchandise sales revenue growth rate
Definition: Merchandise sales revenue growth rate is a KPI that measures the increase or decrease in revenue from merchandise sales over a certain period of time.
Use Case: Trampoline parks can use merchandise sales revenue growth rate to gauge the success of their merchandise sales strategy. By comparing sales revenue from different periods, trampoline parks can identify trends in merchandise sales and adjust their strategy accordingly.
How to Calculate KPI: The formula for merchandise sales revenue growth rate is ((Current period merchandise sales revenue - Previous period merchandise sales revenue) / Previous period merchandise sales revenue) x 100.
KPI Advantages: Merchandise sales revenue growth rate helps trampoline parks identify merchandise sales trends and adjust their strategy to improve sales. It can also help trampoline parks forecast future revenue and inform decisions on inventory and staffing.
KPI Disadvantages: Merchandise sales revenue growth rate does not take into account the cost of inventory or the number of units sold. It also does not account for external factors that may impact merchandise sales.
KPI Industry Benchmarks: The average merchandise sales revenue growth rate for trampoline parks is 10-15%. However, this can vary depending on the size and location of the park, as well as other factors such as the types of merchandise being sold.
Tips & Tricks:
- Focus on products that are unique to your trampoline park to differentiate from competitors.
- Regularly analyze merchandise sales data to identify trends and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Consider bundling products together to increase sales and upsell customers.
Party package revenue growth rate
As a business owner, it’s important to understand the key performance indicators (KPIs) that contribute to the success of your trampoline park. One significant KPI is party package revenue growth rate. This KPI measures the growth in revenue from your party packages over a period of time, usually expressed as a percentage.
Party package revenue growth rate is the percentage increase in revenue generated from trampoline park party packages calculated over a specific time period.
Tracking the party package revenue growth rate KPI allows you to determine how effectively you are capitalizing on the increasing demand for trampoline parks as a destination for parties and events. By analyzing this KPI, you can identify any areas that may require improvement and implement measures to optimize the revenue potential of your party packages.
How To Calculate KPI
The formula for calculating party package revenue growth rate is:
(Current period party package revenue - Previous period party package revenue) / Previous period party package revenue
Suppose that your trampoline park generated $10,000 in party package revenue in January. In February, your party packages generated $13,000. To calculate the party package growth rate for February:
($13,000-$10,000)/$10,000 = 0.3 = 30% growth rate
- Understanding party package revenue growth rate helps you optimize your pricing strategy, increase your revenue, and improve your bottom line.
- By analyzing this KPI, you can identify when and how to spend more of your marketing budget to boost party package bookings.
- This KPI helps you stay competitive with other trampoline parks and party venues in your local area.
- The party package revenue growth rate KPI focuses solely on party bookings and does not take into account growth in other areas of your business. For a more comprehensive understanding of your trampoline park’s overall growth, it’s important to track multiple KPIs.
- This KPI assumes that your party package prices have remained constant. If you adjust your party package prices, this KPI loses its effectiveness in tracking growth.
KPI Industry Benchmarks
The trampoline park industry is still relatively new, and there are no established benchmarks for party package revenue growth rate. However, you can use this KPI to track your own growth rate over time and compare trends in your own business.
Tips & Tricks
- Offer party package add-ons like pizza, drinks, or goodie bags to increase package revenue without increasing the base price.
- Consider offering a discount or special promotion for customers that book a party package during off-peak hours to boost revenue during slow periods.
- Invest in marketing efforts that specifically target party bookings, such as social media ads, email marketing campaigns, and local event sponsorships.
Facility maintenance cost ratio
As an owner or manager of a trampoline park, it’s essential to monitor and evaluate the overall performance of your facility regularly. Facility maintenance cost ratio is one of the most important KPIs you should consider for any trampoline park. This ratio measures the cost of maintaining your facility relative to your overall revenue.
Facility maintenance cost ratio measures the percentage of overall revenue that goes into maintaining your trampoline park facility.
This KPI is valuable for analyzing how much you spend on maintaining your facility relative to the revenue you generate. It helps you to understand whether your maintenance costs are in line with industry benchmarks and flag any inefficiencies in your facility’s maintenance program.
How To Calculate KPI
The formula for calculating facility maintenance cost ratio is:
Assume your trampoline park generates $50,000 in monthly revenue and spends $7,500 on maintenance expenses. The facility maintenance cost ratio calculation would be:
- Helps identify inefficiencies in your maintenance program.
- Highlights areas where you can reduce maintenance costs without compromising on the quality of your facility.
- Provides a benchmark for comparing your facility’s maintenance cost ratio against industry standards.
- Exclude factors such as facility upgrades and renovation costs that can significantly impact maintenance costs.
- Does not account for revenue generation differences between trampoline parks.
- Does not provide detailed information on maintenance costs (e.g., cost breakdown per repair/service and location).
KPI Industry Benchmarks
The typical industry benchmark for facility maintenance cost ratio is between 8% and 15%. However, this may vary depending on the size and age of your facility, the range of services you provide, and your geographical location.
Tips and Tricks
- Regularly conduct maintenance audits to identify inefficiencies in your maintenance program and reduce maintenance costs.
- Ensure you have a detailed database of all maintenance activities and costs to help you track your facility’s performance.
- Consider outsourcing maintenance services to third-party providers to reduce staffing costs.
Customer satisfaction score
One of the most crucial KPI metrics for trampoline park businesses is the customer satisfaction score.
- The customer satisfaction score measures the level of satisfaction of customers who visit your trampoline park.
- The customer satisfaction score helps businesses understand how happy customers are with the services provided. It also helps businesses identify areas that need improvement to increase customer satisfaction.
How To Calculate KPI
To calculate the customer satisfaction score, use the following formula:
- If your trampoline park received a total of 500 visitors in a week and 400 of them rated their experience as satisfactory, the customer satisfaction score would be (400 / 500) x 100 = 80%
- Helps businesses understand the level of customer satisfaction and identify areas for improvement
- Allows businesses to measure the effectiveness of changes made to their services and customer experience
- Enables businesses to make data-driven decisions that improve customer satisfaction levels, leading to increased revenue and customer loyalty
- Customer satisfaction scores may not provide accurate insights if the survey is not conducted properly or lacks diversity in respondents
- The score may not be representative of the true opinion of a customer who had a negative experience but did not express it in the survey
- The score may not reflect the quality of services in detail, but it provides an overall summary
KPI Industry Benchmarks
- The average customer satisfaction score in the trampoline park industry is 75%
Tips & Tricks
- Consider using surveys to gather data on customer satisfaction. Keep questions focused, short, and easy to answer.
- Review the survey results frequently and continuously to identify areas that need improvement.
- Address negative feedback and take steps to improve where possible to increase customer satisfaction levels.
Repeat Customer Rate
Definition: The repeat customer rate is a KPI that measures the percentage of customers who have returned to our trampoline park to experience the fun again.
Use Case: The Repeat Customer Rate KPI is a valuable metric for our trampoline park as it helps us evaluate customer loyalty and satisfaction. It provides insights into the quality of our services and products, and how well we are meeting the needs of our customers.
How To Calculate KPI: To calculate the repeat customer rate, simply divide the number of returning customers by the total number of customers, then multiply by 100.
Calculation Example: Let's say our trampoline park had 500 unique customers in a given month. Out of these 500 customers, 150 came back to enjoy our park again. The repeat customer rate for that month would be 30%.
- Allows us to measure customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Provides insight into the popularity of our services and products.
- Helps us to plan out marketing strategies to retain and attract more customers.
- The repeat customer rate only measures the loyalty of existing customers, overlooking the potential of reaching new ones.
- It assumes that all customers who return are satisfied customers. However, a customer may return due to the absence of an alternative venue rather than the quality of our services.
KPI Industry Benchmarks: According to the International Association of Trampoline Parks, a good repeat customer rate in the trampoline park industry is 25-40%.
Tips & Tricks:
- Offer incentives to encourage customers to return, such as discounts or loyalty programs.
- Collect feedback from returning customers to understand what keeps them coming back and what areas need improvement.
- Compare your repeat customer rate with the industry benchmark, but also take into account the size and location of your park when evaluating the data.
In conclusion, tracking key performance indicators is crucial for the success of trampoline parks. By monitoring metrics such as entry fee revenue growth rate, customer satisfaction score, and party package revenue growth rate, trampoline park owners can make informed decisions that will improve profitability and customer satisfaction.
Other important KPIs to track include concession sales revenue growth rate, merchandise sales revenue growth rate, facility maintenance cost ratio, and repeat customer rate. These metrics can provide valuable insights into the overall health of a trampoline park and highlight areas for improvement.
- Concession sales revenue growth rate: The increase in revenue generated from concessions year over year.
- Merchandise sales revenue growth rate: The percentage increase in revenue generated from merchandise sales year over year.
- Facility maintenance cost ratio: The ratio of facility maintenance costs to total revenue.
- Repeat customer rate: The percentage of customers who return to the trampoline park after their initial visit.
By regularly tracking and analyzing these KPIs, trampoline park owners can identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions to ensure the long-term success of their business.
- 5-Year Financial Projection
- 40+ Charts & Metrics
- DCF & Multiple Valuation
- Free Email Support